ΤΑ ΜΕΓΑΛΑ ΜΑΣ ΠΑΙΔΙΑ
In the High School, the children learn to rely on the tools of knowledge and methods that they have learnt in Primary school to work towards the discovery of themselves through daily educational activities.
The development of the imagination, critical and creative thinking, time management and personal effort, persistence, patience and responsibility are the basic aims of the High School.
Particularly, the weekly timetable for the High School is increases by 5 hours (35 teaching hours) as special attention is given to a bilingual environment (English method CLIL and the teaching of English Language EFL).
The innovations of the High School aren’t just about the increases programme, the bilingual environment, the way the students learn through experiences and meaning, but mainly in the ability of the teachers who due to their specialized knowledge and support , can offer differential, and where needed, personal teaching.
In more detail:
- The lessons which are conducted in English (CLIL method) are in Economics, Physics, Biology and Geography. There are also extra hours of English Lessons. This method is the same as on all the others levels of the school (Kindergarten, Primary school) with a few differences.
- The lesson Development of Social Awareness is held once a week as it is in all the other levels of the school. It is an important lesson, especially at this level as it helps the students to gain a dequate personal and social understanding in relation to their age so that they can feel confident and sure of themselves when facing the demands and challenges that come their way daily in and out of school.
- Ancient Greek (translation) is conducted through dramatization, and the students spend time in researching information from the most reliable sources, resulting in them learning and understanding. A written review at the end of each chapter helps the students with self-awareness in self-checking how much they have achieved in learning during the chapter. In the Ancient Greek lesson they find the connection in modern Greek with the language of the time mentioned in the lesson. The students understand the historical continuity of the Greek Language.
- In Mathematics, the students use specialized computer software (cabi – geometry) in order to learn in a multifaceted way, understanding the exercises on which they are working. In this way, building firm foundations in mathematical knowledge, as there is no learning by heart without meaning.
- Finally, in Religious studies, the students deepen their understanding of the lesson by doing related tasks in an experimental way (as with all the learning experiences in our High School), going on school trips related to the chapter. The students tasks are completed following criteria which has been given beforehand so that students can gain awareness of their effort and the result.
The students become proficient in the use of electronic platforms so as to complete each lesson in a direct and modern way. The huge wealth of knowledge of our students resulting in the high standards that they achieve, is the result of the specific educational approach of our school.
The lessons of the morning and afternoon sessions of the High School are as follows.
Morning programme (8:30 am – 3:15 pm)
- Ancient Greek
- Greek Language
- CLIL Physics
- CLIL Home Economics
- CLIL Biology
- English E.F.L.
- French / German
- Religious studies
- CLIL Art
Afternoon programme (3:15 pm – 5:15 pm)
- Mathematics club
- Individual lessons in piano, guitar or drums
- Theatre studies
The afternoon programme is enriched each year and may change in accordance with the interests and potential of the students.